Installing and using IBM symphony on Ubuntu studio

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikefromspace

Installing and using IBM symphony on Ubuntu studio

Post by mikefromspace »

? I am a new ubuntu user. I've learned enough to know the .deb files are easiest to install , possibly only ones I've had success with aside from installing Java.
I downloaded, unpacked, and supposedly installed symphony. I used command line to install in this way;
anon@anon:-$ sudo apt-get install coinor-libsymphony0
then blah blah blah...Do you want to continue , Yes... and proceeded without a hitch.

Only now I can't find it on the system. It's not in any program files and doing searches turns up nothing. I run 'symphony' from the command promt and it does something, but not sure what!

Mountains of pages to read and no sure way to begin. thanks if you can help / anon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Installing and using IBM symphony on Ubuntu studio

Post by xenopeek »

Have you checked the user guide? You can download it from their homepage, which was mentioned in the package description: https://projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY

In case you are wondering, the package description you can view in your package manager of choice, or from the command line with:

Code: Select all

apt-cache show coinor-libsymphony0
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

You maybe confused or maybe I am, but your question relates to IBM Symphony
IBM Lotus Symphony was a suite of applications for creating, editing, and sharing text, spreadsheet, presentations and other documents, browsing the world wide web, and is currently distributed as freeware.

But you installed COIN-OR Symphony
SYMPHONY is a callable library which implements both sequential and parallel versions of branch, cut and price to solve MILPs.
Which one you you wanted?
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as it wasn't a question about Linux Mint, but about Ubuntu Studio...

Return to “Chat about Linux”