Please, something that just works!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ausmuso

Re: Please, something that just works!

Post by ausmuso »

I don't know that there is any such product, but my Mint 13 (with LXDE desktop) comes closer than anything I've worked with before or since.
I've been running it on my daily work computer since June 2012. I took me 2 days to get it set up and working exactly the way I like it and it hasn't crashed once since then. That's more than I can say for my car or my dishwasher!

If you really want perfection, better not use a computer at all. Use pen and pencil instead.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

ausmuso wrote:If you really want perfection, better not use a computer at all. Use pen and pencil instead.
Dat answer... +1 lol
dcihon

Post by dcihon »

Sorry I had to chime in.
You can't even use a pencil out of the box. It has to be sharpened.
zeke

Post by zeke »

ausmuso wrote:I don't know that there is any such product, but my Mint 13 (with LXDE desktop) comes closer than anything I've worked with before or since.
I've been running it on my daily work computer since June 2012. I took me 2 days to get it set up and working exactly the way I like it and it hasn't crashed once since then. That's more than I can say for my car or my dishwasher!

If you really want perfection, better not use a computer at all. Use pen and pencil instead.
Nobody has even mentioned that of course pencils break too. And don't get me started on paper cuts.

But anyway...
I'm using Mint 13 w/ KDE - it works fine and I didn't have any problems installing it. I have no immediate need to upgrade, but eventually I'll come across application updates I want that don't support this version, so the question is whether future versions will work as well, and as far as I can tell, the answer is a definite "maybe".

Return to “Chat about Linux”