Using 'obsolete' distros

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mfluder

Re: Using 'obsolete' distros

Post by mfluder »

Linux Mint 11. Ah, what good memories we had Katya, my darling.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Rather than use an obsolete version of Mint, I would think the best solution would be to use something like Debian 6 Squeeze Gnome. You get most of what Mint 11 had, and support for another 18-24 months. Just my opinion.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Post by chiefjim »

Don't trust the banks for being experts.

I get the warning message and my FF 18.0.2 is a hell of a lot newer than the minimum 3.5 prescribed.
Screenshot-3.png
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

tdockery97 wrote:Rather than use an obsolete version of Mint, I would think the best solution would be to use something like Debian 6 Squeeze Gnome. You get most of what Mint 11 had, and support for another 18-24 months. Just my opinion.
I definitely agree. Squeeze is a great release, and you can get many backports for packages like libreoffice 3.5.4, iceweasel 18.0.2 (firefox), icedove 10.0.12 (thunderbird), kernel 3.2, etc. It will also be (supposedly) upgradeable to Debian 7 Wheezy, so if you eventually have the urge to update you should be able to do so.

Return to “Chat about Linux”