gOS Space

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

gOS Space

Post by exploder »

I loaded up gOS Space for my teen age son and daughter this weekend. They always want to surf the web when they are over and they usually use my test machine. I thought the look of the OS was very nice! The fully decked out compiz showed real polish! The mac style tool bar looked really sharp. The theme looked nice and the way the menu was set up seemed neat and well thought out. The icon set fit in well with everything and also looked nice.

The machine has been in constant use since I installed gOS Space. gOS Space seems to be targeted for young people and it seems to be a big hit with my two teenager's! Maybe they will let me get a better look at this sometime!

If you have teenager's, I would highly recommend gOS Space.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: gOS Space

Post by belovedmonster »

exploder wrote:The mac style tool bar looked really sharp.
Sadly that's all it does. It has none of the functionality of the OSX dock. I gave up with AWN when I soon discovered it was months, maybe years away from being on par with what you expect from an dock. Really it's just a crude app launching bar at the moment.

As for gOS itself, I wish you well with it, but I think simply slapping some myspace shortcuts onto an OS doesnt make it any more suitable for teenagers than any other distro out there. A stock Linux Mint distro but with Flock installed rather than Firefox will be a better solution.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Um..is this a joke lol? Me and several other teens I know use Linux. gOS is just annoying...Mint or Ubuntu Ultimate for the win. And I know for a fact that gOS would scare about every teen around here away from linux permanently.. Mention a dock to most people I know and they will say no.
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

gOS.

I get the eye-candy, but it really isn't my style. Give me Linux Mint in Aurora-Midnight any day :D

Ahh.
yamawho
Level 3
Level 3

Post by yamawho »

Looks really slick 8)

Just remember guys ... to each his own.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I would not run it on my machine but the kids were enjoying it on the test pc.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Just wondering how old are they exploder? Because honestly gOS lacks impressive eye candy, ubuntu ultimate wins by far there.

Return to “Chat about Linux”