Ubuntu Forums Hacked - Do you have an account there!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Ubuntu Forums Hacked - Do you have an account there!

Post by KBD47 »

Thankfully a forum administrator got me set right again. There were lots of people like me trying to reconnect to their old accounts, so those administrators have been busy.
Nilla Wafer

Post by Nilla Wafer »

KBD47 wrote:... Hopefully that one stays secure because with Ubuntu One many people, including me, having credit card info tied to their Ubuntu One account.
That is precisely why I won't be returning to the Ubuntu forums. Changed my Ununtu One password, but since it is tied to those forums, I'm done.

~nilla
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Nilla Wafer wrote:That is precisely why I won't be returning to the Ubuntu forums. Changed my Ununtu One password, but since it is tied to those forums, I'm done.
I do not understand this attitude. If I need the information and help which I can get on the Ubuntu forums, I will go there and get them, no matter whether those forums authenticate my account themselves or whether they make use of the UbuntoOne single sign on.
Having a UbuntuOne account does not cost you any money as long as you just use it to logon to the Ubuntu forums.

Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Chat about Linux”