Ubuntu Forums Hacked - Do you have an account there!

Chat about Linux in general

Re: Ubuntu Forums Hacked - Do you have an account there!

Postby KBD47 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Thankfully a forum administrator got me set right again. There were lots of people like me trying to reconnect to their old accounts, so those administrators have been busy.
KBD47
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Nilla Wafer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am

KBD47 wrote:... Hopefully that one stays secure because with Ubuntu One many people, including me, having credit card info tied to their Ubuntu One account.

That is precisely why I won't be returning to the Ubuntu forums. Changed my Ununtu One password, but since it is tied to those forums, I'm done.

~nilla
Nilla Wafer
Level 3
Level 3

Postby karlchen on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 am

Nilla Wafer wrote:That is precisely why I won't be returning to the Ubuntu forums. Changed my Ununtu One password, but since it is tied to those forums, I'm done.
I do not understand this attitude. If I need the information and help which I can get on the Ubuntu forums, I will go there and get them, no matter whether those forums authenticate my account themselves or whether they make use of the UbuntoOne single sign on.
Having a UbuntuOne account does not cost you any money as long as you just use it to logon to the Ubuntu forums.

Karl
Endless legions of bigoted, brutal, bloodthirsty Orcs from the dark land of Mordor are bringing desolation, despair and death to the poor inhabitants of the Middle East. [1]
karlchen
Level 10
Level 10

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux