Linux Diary - Day 36

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SC23

Linux Diary - Day 36

Post by SC23 »

Its been over a month now and my laptop has become used to this strange new operating system. The first iteration was the Cinnamon version but upon further review, the KDE version soon was installed.

The people around me look to see what strange thing I have on my computer. They are just mad because they have Windows 8.

I clicked software manager and stumbled upon a treasure trove of free software. I hope no one finds out and removes it.

I havent rebooted in recent memory. I have not seen a system crash since the very beginning when I updated something in the evil windows partition that still lives on my laptop, and it rewrote the grub. It was a sad time that wont be forgotten.

I have customized my system with looney tunes sounds to enhance my experience. Foghorn Leghorn and Daffy Duck are now all my window sounds.

I have given up on the dark themes I so desired. There is just too much problem with entry forms and web pages.

The one dark spot in this journey was netflix desktop failing to work, however, just the other day Mr Updater stopped by and wiped away all the problems. He nags me daily, and I let him do his work as often as possible.

I try to explain what it is to people and they dont seem to understand there is no Windows. I may be in some alternate dimension merely wandering among these people as they seem intent on being abused financially.

I am still learning this new world. It is enlightening and invigorating.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux”