Open Source Crowdfunding Poll - Interesting

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anandrkris

Open Source Crowdfunding Poll - Interesting

Post by anandrkris »

[url]http://www.itsqueeze.com/2013/12/open-source-crowdfunding-poll/[/url] What Open Source projects would you be interested in backing? What would you vote for? Mind sharing here as well? :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: Open Source Crowdfunding Poll - Interesting

Post by passerby »

Out of those:
-Firefox Wayland
-GIMP OpenCL
-Gaming support
-Laptop battery life

One thing I'd really like to see is GIMP support for PSD text layers.
PSD compatibility was worked on a bit during GSOC, but until I can move PSD files between GIMP and Photoshop seamlessly, at least in regards to text layers, I'll still need Photoshop.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Hmm. Seems you're happy with Libreoffice? :wink:
Only Firefox Wayland - I though only desktop environments / window manager need porting? Do all applications need to be individally as well?
passerby

Post by passerby »

anandrkris wrote:Hmm. Seems you're happy with Libreoffice? :wink:
Pretty much. I haven't had any compatibility issues with MS Office for a long time, and that's good enough for me.
The only problem I still have with Libreoffice is Writer's fullscreen mode.
Only Firefox Wayland - I though only desktop environments / window manager need porting? Do all applications need to be individally as well?
Not sure what it needs exactly, but I'd say it's along the lines of Chromium being ported: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTUxMTA
I think it depends on the toolkit an application is using. Port the toolkit, update the application.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Hmm. :)
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I think some of those projects receive quite enough funding to do what needs doing.
I'm considering what projects to donate to this month, so it won't be those :)

Quite a few funny ones :lol:
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I am happy with LibreOffice at the 4x level..

I only wish Opera hadn't abandoned their own approach to instead use Google coding (Chrome and so on..)
--I miss the extensive customization of the previous opera releases, just as I really prefer the more complete customization offered by KDE
  • Still I have gotten used to Gnome and Mint versions of those desktop styles.

Return to “Chat about Linux”