moonOS

Chat about Linux in general

Re: moonOS

Postby rippedcb on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:22 pm

Husse wrote:Well we have a history with E17 and I think this will not be high on the agenda - we have main, kde , xfce, fluxbox and hope for a lxde edition - that's a lot

totally understandable.. but one can still daydream :D . It was itching, so i figured i'd scratch it :twisted: Thanks for taking the time to respond.

CB
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
~Alice Roosevelt Longworth ~
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby rippedcb on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:25 pm

tenfoot wrote:I've just tried the liveCD of MoonOS. It is beautiful, I agree, but I hate those large icons and can find no way to change them :cry:

If you're talking about th icon's on the desktop.. you can delete them or just drag them out of the box (folder) and they will disappear. Other icon's can be changed with changing the theme pack..

CB
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Postby tenfoot on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 am

rippedcb wrote:
tenfoot wrote:I've just tried the liveCD of MoonOS. It is beautiful, I agree, but I hate those large icons and can find no way to change them :cry:

If you're talking about th icon's on the desktop.. you can delete them or just drag them out of the box (folder) and they will disappear. Other icon's can be changed with changing the theme pack..

CB

Ah! but that's removing the unsightly icons> I just wanted to adjust them, as you can in Gnome.
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Postby rippedcb on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 pm

tenfoot wrote:
rippedcb wrote:

CB

Ah! but that's removing the unsightly icons> I just wanted to adjust them, as you can in Gnome.

Changing the icon theme pack might work?? or you could just find ur own icon's and then replace the default one's..?? I haven't tried it, as i don't like having anything on my desktop and i just deleted them.. but one of those methods should work..no??
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Postby E-WolfShade on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:03 pm

I can't wait to try moonOS 4...

All the speed improvements of Karmic with the natural speed of E17, think about it :D
E-WolfShade
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Colonel Schell on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I finally downloaded a moonOS 3 cd and tried it LIVE. And, I liked it a lot, but I don't think I'll be switching...

I will keep my eye on what they're doing, though. It's an interesting distro.
Registered Linux User#497028; Registered Linux Machine #408808.
Want to get rid of old hardware? http://computersforcharity.webs.com/ or http://freegeekcolumbus.org/
Colonel Schell
Level 3
Level 3

Postby det4100 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:54 am

logithera,

This is a fairly old thread about another operating system. You might be better off posting your question as a new topic in one of the support areas of the forum. As for kaspersky internet security 2009, I am not sure if that is a virus removal program or a program that just filters and blocks bad internet sites. If you have a virus in your Linux Mint partition, we would all be very interested in the facts and circumstances of how your machine became infected and what type of virus it is. If you need help in removing a virus from some other operating system, it may be more beneficial for you to either search or post to that operating systems forum, or the anti virus programs forum.

det4100
det4100

Running Mint Debian
det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Postby randomizer on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 am

I'm fairly sure that post is spam.
randomizer
Level 5
Level 5

Postby det4100 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:29 am

Sorry, I forgot what spam tasted like. :oops: Thanks.
det4100

Running Mint Debian
det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux