re branding a custom Linux Distro?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FedoraRefugee

Re: re branding a custom linux distro?

Post by FedoraRefugee »

mikeuhlik wrote:They both have ubuntu stuff but the creator of linux mint has changed all the ubuntu text to linux mint including kernel and more i have seen so many distros out based off of ubuntu have look all over the net for months on how to do this i have even looked in the file by them selfs to see if i can just find the text ubuntu in any file the next step for me it to extract all the files from the linuxmint.iso and look in every file there for linuxmint were ubuntu would be to verify the change is correct and safe to make this is the only way i think this could be accomplished i know that the doc folders is a good start to re branding your linux distro also the item in the main ubuntu menu system i was wondering if any one new were it says about ubuntu were these file might be in the main drive were ubuntu is installed so i could change this. I am surprised with all the new distros no one has taken the time to explain this or help make a guide for the noobs like me to the Linux world with such great community support why has no one done it like the people at Linux mint they know were the file are to change this linuxmint it the best example of re branding Ubuntu ditros so i guess i will manually check every file to compare each file i can find to see what is safe and accurate to change i wish some community members would give some tip on were to find text or language file to change these text in Ubuntu when I am finished with my comparing which will be a while because I am also doing website project i will wright the best guide i can from my experience and post the pdf all over this is a big issue that know one want to tackle so ill try if any one can help or have tip and ideas i am open to hear them please let me know here i think this is the best place to start.
Hello Mike,

I cant answer your question, but I did want to congratulate you on the longest run on sentence I have ever read!

Way to go bud! English teachers across the nation are cringing! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux”