ZDNet Just "Gets It"

Chat about Linux in general

ZDNet Just "Gets It"

Postby ronnoc on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:31 pm

...Except for not recommending Mint over Ubuntu...but if they switch many will end up here, I'm sure.

Are you sure you don’t just want to use Ubuntu?

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1969
ronnoc
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: ZDNet Just "Gets It"

Postby Husse on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Hehe
It's so easy to forget that Windows has major problems when you swear over your wifi not working in Mint :)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby MALsPa on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 am

I'd rather it said, "Are you sure you don't just want to use Linux?" instead of "Ubuntu." But, wow, what a hassle!
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Postby ronnoc on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:48 pm

MALsPa wrote:I'd rather it said, "Are you sure you don't just want to use Linux?" instead of "Ubuntu." But, wow, what a hassle!

Sadly, many of us have been there before. I switched my brother and cousin to Mint in the last month. But yea hassle city. I recently re-installed XP on a old HP work laptop. NC6000. Similar to the blog poster I had: No sound, no network (Eth or built-in 11b wireless), and no touchpad. Then, after an hour messing on HP's site, 6 HP software "patches", and massive time to get SP2 and 3 installed and countless misc. windows update reboots, I had to re-install Office (Ever see how long this takes?), Adobe, the 200+ MB HP "all-in-one" printer drivers, a few games, McAfee, and countless other apps it was a whole day. Is my time not worth more than that? :roll:
ronnoc
Level 3
Level 3

Postby psycosmyth on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:07 am

Well, sometimes we Ubuntu nuts get cracked and come crawling back to Mint. ZD does have some decent tasts though, maybe they'll catch on.
psycosmyth
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Chat about Linux