I think we have reached the event horrizon for Linux

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psycosmyth
Level 2
Level 2

I think we have reached the event horrizon for Linux

Post by psycosmyth »

I have been forthright in my quest to educate people about the "other" choice for OS'.
For three years I have felt like an idiot when people look at me like I'm a goof-ball or get
mad when the distro I give them does not meet their expectations.
In the last week or so, this has changed. I have had numerous inquirys reguarding Linux.
Most are new computer users, over 50, and beside themselves with Vista. I spoke with a fellow church member
today while I was adding some mins. to the Verizon phone and He went into this story about bogus anti-virus, hook!!!
He is in his 70's and does not have the patients or money to fool with proprietay crap.
This is just one, so is it our time to shine? Are you ready to teach?
Am I?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: I think we have reached the event horrizon for Linux

Post by grimdestripador »

Although you have a good point that Linux Mint now meets peoples expectations.

I do see this as flame-bait.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Mint now awful close to meeting those expectations :D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I thought when you reached an event horizon you toppled into a black hole :?
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

viking777 wrote:I thought when you reached an event horizon you toppled into a black hole :?
heh heh, yeah!

Linux has been ready, it is all the state of mind of the user.
Yownanymous

Post by Yownanymous »

FedoraRefugee wrote:
viking777 wrote:I thought when you reached an event horizon you toppled into a black hole :?
heh heh, yeah!

Linux has been ready, it is all the state of mind of the user.
And M$ preys on it... Where did that Bill Gates guy go? I found him rather funny.
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

Yownanymous wrote: And M$ preys on it... Where did that Bill Gates guy go? I found him rather funny.
Say what you will about Gates, I always liked the guy. I think his company slipped out of his control in the 90's and became the beast that it is today, but Gates was always a cool guy with a good heart.

Now Ballmer...He is a piece of work. A piece of something else too... :shock:
Decemberdoom

Post by Decemberdoom »

Whenever a friend ***** over his computer with a virus, I always try to talk them into using Linux, especially if it is someone who doesn't play many games, and is looking for mostly a net-browsing/Movie and Music type computer.
Last edited by Oscar799 on Mon May 03, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offensive language removed
Fred

Post by Fred »

Decemberdoom,

Please be careful with the language you use. We have children in this forum too.

Thanks.

Fred
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

FedoraRefugee wrote:
Yownanymous wrote: And M$ preys on it... Where did that Bill Gates guy go? I found him rather funny.
Say what you will about Gates, I always liked the guy. I think his company slipped out of his control in the 90's and became the beast that it is today, but Gates was always a cool guy with a good heart.

No, I think he is referring to the "Bill Gates" that is a user in this forum. And he was kinda funny ... (this is where he would pipe up and say that he IS the real Bill Gates).
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

badmotor wrote:
FedoraRefugee wrote:

No, I think he is referring to the "Bill Gates" that is a user in this forum. And he was kinda funny ... (this is where he would pipe up and say that he IS the real Bill Gates).
Oh, yeah. I have seen a post or two. We had the real fake steve ballmer join fedora forum. He was a trip until they banned him. :cry:

http://fakesteveballmer.blogspot.com/

Seems like an awful lot of work but this guy is good!

Return to “Chat about Linux”