my life of "distros"

Chat about Linux in general

Re: my life of "distros"

Postby urosg3 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 am

Hmm, lets see, my first real computer was a XT machine with DOS, then Win 3.1, Win95 and great step forward Macintosh with OS 8.6 (this G3 B&W PPC still running with Debian), and finally last Win PC Xp. In Serbia, users have no problem finding pirate copy of any OS, applications, as you see. Two years a go, I buy some popular PC magazine with Ubuntu 6.06 installation CD i small but intuitive tutorial "How to?" inside and i give a chance to Linux... Wow, great stuff! So, during a time, a left behind any other OS and switch to Linux, Ubuntu, then Dreamlinux, Ubuntu 7.10, cp6linux (based on Ubuntu, Serbian distro, managed by community, supported by government) 8.04, and finally Mint 7.
urosg3
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby mitsuzero on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 am

urosg3 wrote: cp6linux (based on Ubuntu, Serbian distro, managed by community, supported by government)

WOW... its more government "bussines" take eyes on linux!!!!......
many country.. Spain, Argentina, and the list (that i know) is growing!
Fortunes diaries Pick >>> "You have an ability to sense and know
higher truth."
||| monkey based system |||
mitsuzero
Level 3
Level 3

Postby urosg3 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:59 pm

mitsuzero wrote:
urosg3 wrote: cp6linux (based on Ubuntu, Serbian distro, managed by community, supported by government)

WOW... its more government "bussines" take eyes on linux!!!!......
many country.. Spain, Argentina, and the list (that i know) is growing!

Yes, great! I even achieve to enter in a local elementary school to teach kids to use Linux and Open office, tanks to fakt that Windows is very open to spywarae and malware, etc. So kids in Belgrade learning Mint!
urosg3
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux