Is anyone else thinking about Chrome OS?

Chat about Linux in general

Re: Is anyone else thinking about Chrome OS?

Postby waldo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:44 pm

When I said "I only make sure bets", I was indicating I am not a gambler, either. :D

Internet a limited resource? We've not even scratched the surface on this. The "pipe" that carries Internet traffic now can be expanded astronomically with present technology, and probably more with technology that hasn't been invented yet.

You're right about the stubbornness of old people. I'm one of them! I do spend some time teaching my peers to overcome their fear of computers. It really is a fear of revealing ignorance, an ego thing. It affects men much more than women. My "trick" for getting around that is to "barter" our expertise. I find something that they know about, and learn from them as I show them how their field of knowledge is presented on a web page. Works almost every time!
waldo
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Is anyone else thinking about Chrome OS?

Postby viking777 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 pm

waldo wrote:
You're right about the stubbornness of old people. I'm one of them! I do spend some time teaching my peers to overcome their fear of computers. It really is a fear of revealing ignorance, an ego thing. It affects men much more than women. My "trick" for getting around that is to "barter" our expertise. I find something that they know about, and learn from them as I show them how their field of knowledge is presented on a web page. Works almost every time!

That is brilliant psychology waldo - good one!
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux