PCLinuxOS-Live CD [SOLVED]

Chat about Linux in general

PCLinuxOS-Live CD [SOLVED]

Postby catilley on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:00 am

I have trouble running the PCLinuxOS live CD on my Dell Latitude D610. Out of several, this is the only one that won't run. It runs on my other laptop fine. It was also copied at the slowest speed and the file was defragged prior to copying. It said something about the wrong media and a possible workaround for an IDE or SATA is needed. Like I said, this is the only disc to do this to me. I only know of one way to convert ISO images, and except this one, I've never had trouble. I even downloaded and copied a second time, with the same result. And it was done on the laptop that I intended to run it on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by catilley on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catilley
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: PCLinuxOS-Live CD

Postby exploder on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:59 am

Try choosing the sata probe option when you boot from the Live CD and see if that will get it to boot up. That is how I get it to boot on my hardware. If I leave it to the default I get the same error you are seeing.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: PCLinuxOS-Live CD

Postby catilley on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Thank you very much! Your suggestion did the trick. As always, someone around here knows what to do in a given situation. Your advice is greatly appreciated!
catilley
Level 1
Level 1

Re: PCLinuxOS-Live CD [SOLVED]

Postby exploder on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Glad I could be of help. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Chat about Linux