Porting Linux Mint tools to Arch (formerly Mint Arch Edit.)

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knuckleheadTech

Re: Porting Linux Mint tools to Arch (formerly Mint Arch Edi

Post by knuckleheadTech »

For starters I have to eat some humble pie. I have not been a fan of mint because it isn't the snappiest of distros when you run older hardware like I do it just doesn't quite cut it. I kept coming back to it because I liked the idea of a fully loaded install and go distro for a quick install. I have now tried Linux Mint Debian (LMDE) and I must say the pie is tasty. Seems to run much cleaner, quicker and all that. Now I am reading of you guys porting to Arch!!

Ok for starters some of the hardcore Arch and BSD guys might get physically sick just hearing about this project. I say, right on and good job! I have used Arch for about a year and still don't know near enough to be proficient. The worst part is that I just installed this LMDE but I will have to dig up another old machine to roll out some Arch Mint goodness. Thanks for your work!

I attend an Open Source conference every year and this year am planning to put on an Arch Linux booth and if this works out I might use this as another example of the goodness of OSS, Linux, Arch Linux and the great variety of choice fine people like yourselves give us!! +100 for the community!

Return to “Chat about Linux”