Debian's Seventeenth Birthday!!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Robin

Debian's Seventeenth Birthday!!

Post by Robin »

Here's my love letter to Debian on her 17th Birthday:

Oh, happy birthday Debian!! Congratulations, you're awesome! And so multifaceted, too...

Your Stable side is rock-solid, reliable, ever true. It's the side of you that some kids call "boring," but yet they rely on it and admire it. I do too. Thanks for being so reliable and steady on my hardware!

The Testing side of you is the tentative, baby-steps sorta thing that reminds me of - well, me! But oh, the things we learn, the treasures we can add to the Stable part of us when we test new things!

The popular kids really like your Unstable side. It kinda scares me a little, but I admire it too. It rolls! Always on the move, never sitting still. Fidgety, like me, but much bolder and brasher... nothing like me! Gotta admire it!

Some grownups have warned me about your Experimental side, though, Debian, to be honest, but I say don't be ashamed of your darker side! It's part of who you are and it gives you strength! I just hate to see you crash, paying the price for all those very bold risks you take sometimes in this part of you. But you break new ground for others! You blaze new trails and open all kindsa new doors for all of us. Yes, this side of you scares me, but I'm still very grateful for it, Debian. Because eventually your new discoveries make it all the way to that Stable part of you that so many of us rely on.

We love, you, Debian! Happy seventeenth birthday! And thanks for being so awesome!

Love,
Robin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Debian's Seventeenth Birthday!!

Post by dawgdoc »

Nice job Robin. Quite creative.

Some may say this is a little bold and brash of you. :D
Maybe this love letter to Debi shows a little of the unstable in you. :lol:
Robin

Post by Robin »

dawgdoc wrote:Nice job Robin. Quite creative.

Some may say this is a little bold and brash of you. :D
Maybe this love letter to Debi shows a little of the unstable in you. :lol:
Oh, LOL! If only you knew... I'm actually super-shy. But unstable? For sure. Except in dance class, where I'm quite balanced and coordinated (for now - they tell me that when I start growing again I'll be tripping all over myself).

Debi's a sweet girl though, ain't she! Even though she has alot of "offspring" already at only 17. Including our beloved Mint!

-R
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Robin wrote:Debi's a sweet girl though, ain't she! Even though she has alot of "offspring" already at only 17. Including our beloved Mint!
-R
I remember an article I saw a few months ago, I don't recall if it was on-line or paper, that put the number of offspring and their get at well over 200. Sadly, some of them are no longer with us.

Return to “Chat about Linux”