your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Chat about Linux in general

your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Postby azathoth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:32 pm

I noticed all the Mint editions have screenshot threads but I didn't see one here so if you've got a favorite distro you've been giving some love to, I guess you can post it here if you like. Mac and winblows at your own risk. (Hey, whatever blows your skirts up. It's a free country) :lol:

This is my Arch setup, it's pretty much my baby. The things I love most about Arch is that you roll your own and it's exactly what you make it and this one kicks serious ass even if I do say so myself. It's blazingly fast, extremely stable and powerful yet remarkably light. No bloat and all the goodies you want. And Arch is arguably the most flexible distro of them all with the possible exception of LFS.
Putting together an Arch system is a lot of fun and you learn a lot about Linux internals and BSD style scripting.
The basics are in my sig.
arch | kernel26-lqx | kde 4.7.0 & xfce 4.8.1(tiling)
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." ~ Mark Twain
MyLast.fm
azathoth
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: your Linux non-Mint screenshots

Postby kvv on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Nice screenshots Azaroth! The first image seriously kicks ass.
kvv
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Carl on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

What media player is that in the first screenshot (on the right)
[AMD Sempron 145 2.8GHz + Unlocked 2nd Core|ATI Radeon™ HD3000 Graphics|4GB DDR3|Biostar A780L3L]
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Postby azathoth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:34 pm

kvv wrote:Nice screenshots Azaroth! The first image seriously kicks ass.

Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it. Runs great, does everyhting and it looks pretty good too.
The theme is Elegant-Gnome 1.0 by arobase. I got mine off the AUR but the pack is also available on Deviant Art.

Carl wrote:What media player is that in the first screenshot (on the right)

Banshee 1.8.1. It's stable on Arch although I understand some of the newer builds have been problematic on Debian based distros (not sure about 1.8.x.) I've been using 1.6.1 or Exaile w/ex falso on my debis.
-edit Oops, the other right lol. The one with the nuke going off is Miro 3.5, :oops:
Can't see Banshee in the first one, it's hiding behind Nautilus lol. God, I hate early senility.
arch | kernel26-lqx | kde 4.7.0 & xfce 4.8.1(tiling)
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." ~ Mark Twain
MyLast.fm
azathoth
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Chat about Linux