Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Chat about Linux in general

Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Postby azathoth on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 am

I just finished with it and then converted it all over to Sid and I was really impressed. The net install itself was a tad slow but it didn't miss a beat and the entire process from start to finish didn't really take all that long at all. Getting my tools, a patched kernel, Compiz, the Firewall, assorted gtk engines set up properly only took another few minutes. Hardware detection was perfect. I mean you could have pushed me over with a feather. Pretty nice for a beta and really damn nice for Sid.
I guess this is a beta of the installer that will be shipping with Squeeze next month. I still had to get my own Firefox and a few other odds and ends. Really nice though, I'll be keeping this one.
Anyway, anybody else try it yet?
arch | kernel26-lqx | kde 4.7.0 & xfce 4.8.1(tiling)
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." ~ Mark Twain
MyLast.fm
azathoth
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Postby Suo_Eno on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:28 am

I want to.I'm looking at this community tut but I'm a bit cautious about a 32 bit/i386 setup.Can you post a rough tut of how you'd do it?

Also say if I'm just lazy (I am ;p~), I'm looking at these Debian Live daily isos; I'm interested in the GNOME iso hybrid but it's a whopping 1.1Gb dl?Should I get that or the normal weekly install CDs or it'd be just the same thing?
Suo_Eno
Level 2
Level 2

Postby vrkalak on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I did !! But, then, I have configured my own debian 5.0.3 from a net.install before.

I downloaded the weekly-build of Debian testing on Oct. 29th . . . debian-squeeze-live-beta1-amd64-xfce-desktop.iso

But, then I am a Debian fanatic . . . I even like Linux Mint Debian Edition.
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Postby cpatrick08 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:45 pm

azathoth wrote:I just finished with it and then converted it all over to Sid and I was really impressed. The net install itself was a tad slow but it didn't miss a beat and the entire process from start to finish didn't really take all that long at all. Getting my tools, a patched kernel, Compiz, the Firewall, assorted gtk engines set up properly only took another few minutes. Hardware detection was perfect. I mean you could have pushed me over with a feather. Pretty nice for a beta and really damn nice for Sid.
I guess this is a beta of the installer that will be shipping with Squeeze next month. I still had to get my own Firefox and a few other odds and ends. Really nice though, I'll be keeping this one.
Anyway, anybody else try it yet?

could you put the steps you did to convert it to sid i want to do it and don't know how to convert it to sid
cpatrick08
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Chat about Linux