Mepis Alpha 4

Chat about Linux in general

Mepis Alpha 4

Postby exploder on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I downloaded Mepis Alpha 4 x64 today to see how Mepis 11 was looking. The new built in NVidea drivers worked like a charm and that alone has me very interested in this release. The new artwork looks pretty sharp and definitely gives the system some bling this time around. I installed the alpha in a virtual machine, it seems very solid for an alpha release, also tried it from the Live DVD to try out the NVidea drivers. I am looking forward to checking out the final release!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mepis Alpha 4

Postby Suo_Eno on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:16 pm

1st time I read about the alpha like past couple of weeks or so was that it's built on top of the patched 2.6.36 kernel that got my interest.Sadly the rig in the sig can't take anything KDE so... :oops: Installer is slick though.Dare I say it if not the slickest of every other current Debian Testing spins so far that I've went back and forth with which is LMDE and #! 10 Statler XFCE4.Probably other flirts with better hardware can or will appreciate the test drive I reckon.
Last edited by Suo_Eno on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suo_Eno
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Murdock on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:17 pm

I did too !
It left a bad taste in my mouth.
Have a Mint :wink:
Pura Vida.
Arenal Botanical Garden
Lake Arenal, Costa Rica
Murdock
Level 3
Level 3

Postby exploder on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 pm

The Mepis installer worked just as easily as it always has. There is no plymouth or splashy at the moment but there were no kernel errors and the Live DVD booted extremely fast anyway. The alpha is quick in virtualbox too! I installed all available updates with no breakage of any kind. I think that Warren and the Mepis community are going to have a very successful release on their hands. :D

Edit; Mepis was the first distro I ran full time, that is why I am so happy that Mepis 11 is looking so good. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Chat about Linux