Sidux first try - wow!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Sidux first try - wow!

Post by kanishka »

I tried Sidux for the first time, and I'm REALLY impressed... It's lightning fast!!!
I'm not sure why, but it boots to desktop so quickly you'd say something is not right.
And it's the snappiest desktop experience I've had.
And, it has a script - smxi - that does graphic driver install&configuration, kernel choosing, distro upgrading, cleaning, adjusting, safely removing and more.
And, it's rock stable AND bleeding edge.
And, it has a very informative manual.
And...

In short: I (humbly) suggest that Clem & the Crew take a deep look at Sidux; it's a different philosophy than Mint, but it could provide a couple of ideas, I think.
Otherwise, it would just be interesting to hear your impressions. :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Sidux first try - wow!

Post by poision »

Hi now a days almost every disto trying to shorten boot process opensuse did that perfectly now as you said sidux.Well overall mint also doing gr8 job.And as i think mint 4 ll raise up definately on distrowatch after release.There are many changes clem did in mint 4.Thanks
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

@ Poison
who cares about Distro watch that is a pointless indicator :x
and Debian or Sidux is faster that many distros out there NOT only the boot up time

@ kanishka
yes Sidux it is a great Distro, and is very new.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

Hi yes you can say distrowatch ranking is pointless.But here almost everyone following that only.In every forum or article they are talking with respect to that.Anyways yes true debian is faster.But buddy do you really think we should change distro often for some new feature?Thanks
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

@ poison
you can say distrowatch ranking is pointless.But here almost everyone following that only.In every forum or article they are talking with respect to that
I would not argue about this, your just showed that you don't know jack abut how they manage the ranking :shock:
and is not only pointless it is stupid, it only shows how many people click on the name of a distribution.

Anyways yes true debian is faster
reliable, stable, secure and so much more :wink:

do you really think we should change distro often for some new feature?Thanks
by your answer I presume you are using the first version of Linux that came out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

frank392 wrote:and is not only pointless it is stupid, it only shows how many people click on the name of a distribution.

My darling friend Frank392 , STUPID? Ummmmmmmmm. :evil:
Greetings i enjoy "Sidux" Frank.
Agust
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

@ Querido Amigo
un placer el poder saludarte, espero que todo este muy bien para ti.
pues a mi parecer el ranking the Distro watch no tiene ningún sentido, y no indica nada en absoluto, bueno si indica pero nada importante, si por lo menos fuese una encuesta como la que maty realizo en su blog, eso para mi tenia mas sentido pues uno tiene la posibilidad de decidir y ese no es el caso con el ranking the distrowatch. en mi caso miles de veses e usado distrowatch para ver muchas distros o como pagina de arranque para poder visitar el sitio de otras distros y eso lo hago por flojera :)

que tengas un excelente dia
tu amigo de siempre
Frank
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

@frank392 :D :wink:
Greetings i yo enjoy LinuxMint :P
Tu amigo;
Agust

Return to “Chat about Linux”