Gentoo 11.0 linux

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
colyn

Gentoo 11.0 linux

Post by colyn »

I've been trying out the Gentoo 11.0 live DVD today and must say it is very impressive. Haven't tried Gentoo in several years but remember the net install that seemed to take forever. Now a live DVD!!

I currently have Sabayon on another machine and may end up replacing it with Gentoo..

Any Gentoo users here have any input?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Gentoo 11.0 linux

Post by nunol »

I am not a Gentoo user but tried Sabayon several times. I'm going to take a look at Gentoo 11.0 live DVD.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

I took a look at Gentoo 11.0 Live DVD and tried the different DE/WM and it does look nice. Fluxbox and E16 just look ugly and I don't like KDE that much but XFCE and GNOME look nice and Openbox looks great. Apparency is always subjective.

I keep making plans to install Gentoo on one of my computers or VM (just like I do with LFS/BLFS) but so far didn't happen. Not sure if I want to compile stuff all the time...
freddymx

Post by freddymx »

I have been using Gentoo for about a year now and I love it. It works really well, is incredibly stable, and I just love the package manager (portage).
You should really give it a try, just from the installation itself you will learn a lot about how Linux systems if you don't have much experience.

Return to “Chat about Linux”