Gnome3 fnal beta released

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dawgdoc

Gnome3 fnal beta released

Post by dawgdoc »

I read on The H Security where the Gnome Project has released the second and final beta of Gnome3. A Release Candidate is expected on March 23 with the final release on April 6.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Gnome3 fnal beta released

Post by dawgdoc »

Thanks Arenalgarden. I think a big point in the article you linked to is this comment.
The moral of the story is – we, the so called tech-savvy users, may fight, argue, and create mountain out of mole, ordinary users don't care. They just need something that works. And when you hear "wow, that's cool" from an ordinary user, it means a lot.
kvv

Re: Gnome3 fnal beta released

Post by kvv »

dawgdoc wrote:Thanks Arenalgarden. I think a big point in the article you linked to is this comment.
The moral of the story is – we, the so called tech-savvy users, may fight, argue, and create mountain out of mole, ordinary users don't care. They just need something that works. And when you hear "wow, that's cool" from an ordinary user, it means a lot.
Small things still do matter though. For instance (not real), a right click not working as expected, inability to move applications to the dock in an easy manner, buttons without meaning, unintuitive control centers will start annoying the user. His wife just browsed the internet, which I am sure would have been easy to access.

Return to “Chat about Linux”