Why KDE4 is so great

Chat about Linux in general

Re: Why KDE4 is so great

Postby belovedmonster on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:22 pm

aMSN is quite possibly the ugliest linux app used today though. :lol:
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Kynan on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:21 pm

i'm using emesene for my msn'ing needs atm and its great. It is very nicely styled, very clean, made in python, has personal messages, now playing, display pictures, alot of plugins, and quite rapid development, it even opens my hotmail inbox properly without asking for my password like pidgin does! its still not even 1.0 yet but i am already quite impressed, except for the fact that file transfers are still not working properly (you can recieve but not send files atm).
But if you install svn you can always get the latest updates and test it and who knows they might fix that soon.
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby belovedmonster on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Pidgin never wants to work with my MSN account, so I will have to check this out when I get the chance.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Toontwnca on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:23 am

belovedmonster wrote:Everyones favourite software site Ars Technica has just put up their review of KDE4.
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/kde-40-review.ars

Conclusion is on page 7
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/kde-40-review.ars/7

KDE 4 will transition into KDE 4.0?
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
It shouldn't have been released then. -imho.
It doesn't matter if a glass is half empty or half full.
There is clearly room for more wine.

Notebook: Asus K53U 1.6 gz, 4gb ram, 500 gb hd, AMD 6310 Radeon
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Postby gotroot on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:20 am

Gnome was on it's death bed a couple of years ago, then whats his name, the owner of ubuntu came along and gnome was revived. Back then redhat was the only player using gnome, this is when I was a newbie with distro fever, I like many of you, had mounds of cd's sitting next to the computer, 90% of all those distros came with kde, it's what I became used too. One other point, When Linux gets to the point of being preloaded on new computers at best buy, whats gonna happen when shoppers are looking at a stock ubuntu install, that frikken ugly pooh brown and next to it is an windows vista areo desktop ? In the sales world, packaging is everything, now if that linux computer had a stock kde desktop, it would stand a better chance.
With all that being said, I like gnome, but I like E-17 better, I would really like to see E17 mature, it has a lot of potential
gotroot
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux