Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10 Unity nightmare

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gael33
Level 4
Level 4

Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10 Unity nightmare

Post by gael33 »

I have been a loyal Ubuntu user for several years, and as usual upgraded (clean install) recently from 11.04 to 11.10 ... wow! What a mess. Not only is Unity awkward and inflexible, the operating system is doddery and unstable. Many of my programs became troublesome, video / DVD became out of sync when played on Movie Player and VLC. Facebook video clips were also out of sync, some programs froze or refused to close down, as did the operating system. I heard that some disgruntled Ubuntu users had migrated to Linux Mint and thought that I should at least satisfy my own curiosity and check Mint out. I don't like going backwards so playing the adventurer, I downloaded a copy of Mint 12 and after a few hours of customising it to the way I like, I can honestly say I am absolutely overjoyed. Mint is everything that Ubuntu 11.10 isn't, it's stable, so far reliable and all my programs run extremely well. I will be staying with Mint for the foreseeable future. Thank you Mint team :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Saor Alba Gu Brath

Return to “Chat about Linux”