my current status

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

my current status

Post by podagee »

currently dual booted with mint12 and ubuntu12.04(again).upgraded from 11.10 and i must say that it is running very smoothly.love the boot time,really quick.the default login sound is disabled by default also for a faster boot time.gonna disable mints login to see what happens.but everything is operating nicely.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: my current status

Post by tdockery97 »

I've read just a few snippets so far about 12.04 Alpha, but it sounds like most testers consider it an improvement over 11.10. I'm thinking about giving the Kubuntu 12.04 Alpha a spin and see how it feels.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
podagee

Post by podagee »

try it out its much faster imo.i only came across one nautilus crash which was minor.everything is operating smoother than i expected.if you have settings already with ubuntu upgrade it through terminal,(took me 2 1/2 hours cause internet connection was really low.),if not do it on a system you dont mind crashing.
podagee

Post by podagee »

okay the latest news.after playing with ubuntu 12.04 i have compiz running in gnome classic since my unity rotate is not compatible with compiz,so,after playing with the compiz all kinds of crashes occured and my buntu just ran horribly slow.so compiz doesnt play nicely with 12.04 just yet.it is rather nice though.a bit more sleek with the look.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Took the plunge and installed Kubuntu 12.04 Alpha, and so far everything you've said is true. Very stable and very fast for KDE. Quick booting, and so far no crashes. Everything is new: Kernel 3.2 and KDE 4.7.97 (so I'm guessing KDE 4.8 by the time it releases). It looks like Kubuntu will have a winner for their LTS version.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
podagee

Post by podagee »

ill take a look at the kubuntu 12.04 ive just installed netrunner 4.0 kde and it is really nice.

Return to “Chat about Linux”