Microsoft IS the Matrix

Chat about Linux in general

Microsoft IS the Matrix

Postby 900i on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 am

Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Microsoft IS the Matrix

Postby muskratmx on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Funny with a sad bit of reality!

I'm an evangelist for Linux, or try to be. It's so hard to get people to try linux. They all look and OH AH, but then when I offer to set them free, they ask "who among my friends are going with me?"

One friend in particular, wouldn't even consider it. But it did quick his interest enough to mention it amongst his windows using buddies. He found out that others are influencing his friends likewise. Now he's offered to set up one box in his office for me to install Linux into his office network and get his feet wet.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Fred on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:02 pm

People in general don't like or feel comfortable with change. It is part of the human condition. :-)

The reality in this world though is that change is the only constant you can truly rely on. All things will change, that you can depend upon. Almost 7 score in 10 here tells me that. :-)

Microsoft has relied on this natural resistance to change to maintain their monopoly. But that too will pass.

Enjoy life,

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby muskratmx on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:39 am

The reality in this world though is that change is the only constant you can truly rely on

You can say that again, I was just getting the hang of xfree86 and what do we do change to xorg, it's much better but boy did I cry that frist distro install after that. Then I had my USB and fstab down to a click click and clickity click, then they came out with that hotplug and messed me up again. "Rant and rave!" :oops: But of course I'm much happier now.

The latest hicup is this UUID is bumping me around. :evil: But I do see the logic in it, IT JUST REQUIRES ME TO CHANGE! :lol:

Microsoft has relied on this natural resistance to change to maintain their monopoly.

But yet MS has done snicky changes all along which most people were unawre of but locked them into the matrix that much more.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Chat about Linux