LibreOffice quickstart : doesn't prevent shutdown under Arch

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
torturedutopian

LibreOffice quickstart : doesn't prevent shutdown under Arch

Post by torturedutopian »

Hi everyone !

I'm a part time Arch / Ubuntu / Mint / Debian user and I noticed something interesting :

as I use LibreOffice a lot, I love the quickstart applet. We all know that it's not really usable anymore as it prevents Gnome from logging out since a couple of years ago. There is a workaround but you have to manually edit some files (and repeat this with each update which is not a good solution).

I noticed something strange though : there is no such behaviour under Arch Linux : the quickstarter doesn't prevent GNOME from logging out, although it does under Debian, Ubuntu or Mint.

--> would it be possible to patch (or un-patch ?) Libo so that is behaves the same way ? LibreOffice is an essential piece of software, everyone uses it, and it is still a little slow to open. With quickstarter, it's instant, which is amazing.

Cheers !
(BTW : I would love, in future Mint versions, an install option to get a "pure" Gnome shell ; I'm not really interested in forking it...)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LibreOffice quickstart : doesn't prevent shutdown under

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Linux Mint uses the stock LibreOffice as provided by Ubuntu or Debian (for LMDE). If somebody has the time, you could download the source from Arch and from Ubuntu/Debian, for the same LibreOffice version, and do a diff on it. I think it might sooner be a problem with the init scripts however.
torturedutopian

Re: LibreOffice quickstart : doesn't prevent shutdown under

Post by torturedutopian »

Thanks for your reply : indeed, as Arch also uses unmodified upstream versions of LibreOffice, this is definitely due to the difference in initscripts. Just have to wait till it's fixed in Llbo !

Return to “Chat about Linux”