Credetials Issue

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cybertek

Credetials Issue

Post by Cybertek »

I have several Linux distros all setup as part of a Windows workgroup. All the Linux boxes can see the Wimdows machines, and I can access all shared folders. However, I just added a Suse 10 machine, and shared the Home folder. I have not set any credentilas on the host machine, but I am getting challenged when trying to access the SuSe 10 machine for another Linux machine, see attached.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Credetials Issue

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Perhaps address this to SUSE support, or the SUSE forums on LinuxQuestions.org, if nobody here can help on this.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Credetials Issue

Post by altair4 »

I haven't used Suse since version 6.2 so I'm not sure I can be of much help but from the Suse machine run and post the output of the following commands:

Code: Select all

testparm -s

Code: Select all

net usershare info --long
Don't be surprised if you get no output from that last command.

You might also want to look at the Linux permissions on the cybertek1 folder. If it's sitting there as 0700 then no matter what you do to samba you will keep getting a request for credentials.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Chat about Linux”