Ayuda con mi laptop Toshiba, no detecta wifi en Mint

Foro de soporte para usuarias de habla hispana

Moderator: Wibol

Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oscar279

Re: Ayuda con mi laptop Toshiba, no detecta wifi en Mint

Post by oscar279 »

I didnt find a solution for the wireless in live session but I think i am going to install Mint anyway , and see what happens . Which one u recommend me ?? I heard xfce is the best , what do u think?

Remember u told me that i should use a wireless usb , maybe u know a webpage that shows the ones that are linux compatible , i want to take a look to a list of that devidces before going to the store. I know you tell me that i have to search ebay but my credit cards situtation ara kinda complicated LOL .

oh, on last thing , ubunut wireless solutions could work on Mint 13???
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Which one u recommend me ?? I heard xfce is the best
It's a matter of opinion. I would say no. Go with Mate for now.
a webpage that shows the ones that are linux compatible
Maybe this http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Devices/USB
But didn't I quote you a device?

Some more I know of: [ Belkin F5D7050, Netgear WG111v2, Zyxel G-220 v2,]
ubunut wireless solutions could work on Mint 13
Probably in most cases, yes.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
oscar279

Post by oscar279 »

look, it appears that my atheros wireless card works with public wifi ( but not at home) , i was at college last friday and it worked with ubuntu 12.04 , later i booted mint13 from a pendrive and worked perfectly .

My problem its not bad as it seems, i guess

Maybe its a configuration problem right , i checked posts related for this issue and everyone report that they dont have wifi connection at all, thats not my case.

I found this post , its for ubuntu maybe it should work , but when i was trying to put this commands nothing happened when i introduced:
sudo su
nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
, maybe you can understand the idea and tell me what i am doing wrong , this is the link ----->http://www.ubuntu-es.org/node/163831#.UGkY-JMldHm
oscar279

Post by oscar279 »

i just checked in network settings that my router has a WEP security , is that the reason why y connect to thw wireless signal in college and not in my home???

Return to “Español - Spanish”