QQ constantly crashing

Chinese Forum

QQ constantly crashing

Postby Hasaf on Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

I am using the Linux QQ and it is constantly crashing. At that point I restart it and it works for a little while longer; then crashes again.

Is there anything I can do to make it a little more usable? I looked at the WINE project compatibility list and I saw that the Windows client does not work. I looked for a Pidgin plug in; but, there is currently none for QQ.

I am in China, as a result people want to use QQ. The only real suggestion I have heard is to type in Chinese because part of the problem is believed to be related to the length of western words. However, I have two problems with that idea. The first is that I doubt it is correct. I have had the client crash when I am sending messages composed, entirely, of short words. I have also had the client crash when it is just sitting idle or receiving.

The second reason is just a practical concern. My Chinese is not at a point that I can engage in conversations in Chinese (an IM client that translates on the fly would be great).

What can I do to make qq more usable?
Hasaf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: QQ constantly crashing

Postby wayne128 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Hasaf wrote:I am using the Linux QQ and it is constantly crashing. At that point I restart it and it works for a little while longer; then crashes again.

Is there anything I can do to make it a little more usable? I looked at the WINE project compatibility list and I saw that the Windows client does not work. I looked for a Pidgin plug in; but, there is currently none for QQ.

I am in China, as a result people want to use QQ. The only real suggestion I have heard is to type in Chinese because part of the problem is believed to be related to the length of western words. However, I have two problems with that idea. The first is that I doubt it is correct. I have had the client crash when I am sending messages composed, entirely, of short words. I have also had the client crash when it is just sitting idle or receiving.

The second reason is just a practical concern. My Chinese is not at a point that I can engage in conversations in Chinese (an IM client that translates on the fly would be great).

What can I do to make qq more usable?

May be you should consider installation Chinese version of Linux OS , they have good interface for all thing chinese plus you can still use english. such as

deepin

ylmf
wayne128
Level 9
Level 9

Return to Chinese