My issues with mint menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: My issues with mint menu

Post by Husse »

scroll down in the third column to find the application I'm looking for.
Piece of cake - as you know the name start typing it in the small search field and on the third letter (generally) you have a small selection your app included - it took me a while to find and appreciate it - now it's the only thing I use but for special situations
Or do you mean that the menu does not change when you put the cursor over the categories in the center column? That's an error, perhaps fixed by right clicking the menu and reloading all plugins.
This could also fix the "not appearing" problem you have (and you should only have to do it once)
My work around for this has been to remove the mintMenu from the taskbar and then add it again. POOF! the program has finally appeared. :?
hmm I thought at first that you did not find the program at all - if that happens it's probably a flawed installer that does not add itself to the menu
Your error is not unknown and your workaround is correct. It should also appear after rebooting - I'm not suggesting that as a remedy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Did you try right clicking on Mintmenu and selecting Reload Plugins? This should reload and make sure any installed apps show up in the menu i think...
Cheers.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

For me everything adds fine and I have no problems with it. I use the default version that comes with Daryna. My only problem which seems common is that the menu takes awhile to open after something is added to it.

Also if you do not like mintMenu you do not have to use it. Just right click on the menu button and click remove, then right click the blank area and click add. Then scroll down and either add Menu or Menu bar (these are the default menus in Gnome and indeed Ubuntu).
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

jbaerbock wrote:For me everything adds fine and I have no problems with it. I use the default version that comes with Daryna. My only problem which seems common is that the menu takes awhile to open after something is added to it.

Also if you do not like mintMenu you do not have to use it. Just right click on the menu button and click remove, then right click the blank area and click add. Then scroll down and either add Menu or Menu bar (these are the default menus in Gnome and indeed Ubuntu).
Was interested in experimenting with different options but decided I really preferred the default MintMenu but I cannot find it :-( Chose MintMenu from "Add to Panel" but much to my surprise did not get the default Mint icon but the Ubuntu one (which I don't like). How do I get back to "square one", please?

Tenfoot

Return to “Software & Applications”