mintmenu broke after mint9 reinstall ( SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LarryP

mintmenu broke after mint9 reinstall ( SOLVED)

Post by LarryP »

Last night I decided to take lmde off the laptop and reinstall the main edition of isadora on the whole drive. Did that sucessfully updated and put the firefox icon on my desktop and sut down as it was getting late. This morning I get on launch firefox fine but if i try to get into mintmenu i can get the small panel listing places and system up get into the different places and system listing but cannot get into applications . What is missing is the cascading second and third panel not sure if that's what to call them but is the best I can describe it and if i click on main menu I can see the apps but i can't launch them How do i fix this so I can open apps? I tried reinstalling minmenu from synaptic that didn't help. EDIT Itried both ways no help i reinstalles it works now I must have done something i don't rememer last night as I was getting pretty tired at the time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
monkeyboy

Re: mintmenu broke after mint9 reinstall

Post by monkeyboy »

LarryP wrote:Last night I decided to take lmde off the laptop and reinstall the main edition of isadora on the whole drive. Did that sucessfully updated and put the firefox icon on my desktop and sut down as it was getting late. This morning I get on launch firefox fine but if i try to get into mintmenu i can get the small panel listing places and system up get into the different places and system listing but cannot get into applications . What is missing is the cascading second and third panel not sure if that's what to call them but is the best I can describe it and if i click on main menu I can see the apps but i can't launch them How do i fix this so I can open apps? I tried reinstalling minmenu from synaptic that didn't help.
Have you tried deleting the menu from the tray and then reinstalling it? I did that in an older version of Mint when ran into a similar problem. Good Luck
eagleton

Re: mintmenu broke after mint9 reinstall

Post by eagleton »

Right-click on the Mint-Menu in the panel and choose "reload plugins". This fixed it for me yesterday.

Return to “Software & Applications”