Need help to finish remastersys 2.0-6!!!

Make a liveCD/DVD out of your installed LinuxMint (Ubuntu/Debian) system

Need help to finish remastersys 2.0-6!!!

Postby Fragadelic on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 am

Okay folks. I have remastersys 2.0-6 finished except for 1 nagging bug which I desperately need help with.

The problem - installing a remastered livecd/dvd causes Ubiquity to hang at about 94% which is the reconfiguring of the popularity-contest package. The amount of time it hangs can vary from 5 minutes and up.

I've tried to purge the popularity-contest package and reinstall but it still happens. Removing the package altogether fixes it but then ubuntu-standard has an unresolved dependency as it depends on popularity-contest. Further removing the ubuntu-standard package will fix it but then folks don't have the option of participating in the popularity-contest if they want to.

This isn't a showstopper since it does eventually finish the install but having it hang up like that is a pain.

The script that does this within ubiquity is written in perl. I need to find out why the reconfigure portion of the install is hanging on popularity-contest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I don't want to release 2.0-6 until this is done.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Need help to finish remastersys 2.0-6!!!

Postby knuckles on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 am

ok i have made to my own live-mint-system, but with a mix of reconstuctor and UCK, and there i had the same bug
(why i didn't use remastersys?: with that i had everytime the problem that the mint-grub was replaced, and the loginscreen made bugs!!)

The problem was that if you have a Mint5 installed and make the normal Updates Ubiquity is updated too, and the new version brake the Mint-installation.
So after remaking a livesystem without the updated (but with the Ubiquity from the original Mint-Live-system), the installation run without any bug!!

I don't know if that help you, but for me that was the solution.
Sorry for my BAD English!!
knuckles
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Need help to finish remastersys 2.0-6!!!

Postby Fragadelic on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Thanks for trying to help. I ended up just removing the popularity-contest package, or more correctly, having remastersys remove it. Its part of the ubuntu-standard meta package so nothing else gets removed anyway.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Remastersys