Questions: (1) "LiveCD Persisence" & remastersys? (2) KDE4?

Make a liveCD/DVD out of your installed LinuxMint (Ubuntu/Debian) system

Questions: (1) "LiveCD Persisence" & remastersys? (2) KDE4?

Postby jeffstatin on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi,

1.is it possible to use "LiveCD Persistence" method (to USB) w/ a remastersys CD built from Kubuntu? (I'm using 7.10):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDPersistence

2.has anyone tested remastersys with kubuntu 7.10 and KDE4?

thank you,

P.S. I haven't tried remastersys yet...but I'm looking forward to it! (I'm waiting for v2.0 :) )
jeffstatin
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Works

Postby jo-tud on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:40 am

I have tested the current version (not 2.0) and it works on Gutsy with Kde 4 on my maschine.

jo
jo-tud
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Questions: (1) "LiveCD Persisence" & remastersys? (2) KDE4?

Postby Fragadelic on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:13 am

jeffstatin wrote:Hi,

1.is it possible to use "LiveCD Persistence" method (to USB) w/ a remastersys CD built from Kubuntu? (I'm using 7.10):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDPersistence

2.has anyone tested remastersys with kubuntu 7.10 and KDE4?

thank you,

P.S. I haven't tried remastersys yet...but I'm looking forward to it! (I'm waiting for v2.0 :) )

You will be able to do that manually but it is not an automatic feature of remastersys at the moment. I will look into it for 2.1.

2.0 is very close right now. I have a small test group testing it right now along with the gui. If all goes well it will be released this week.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jeffstatin on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:02 pm

great :) ,

Fragadelic:
any directions for using LiveCD persestance w/Kubuntu and remastersys? or should I just try to use the ubuntu version as a guide?

jo-tud:
So it works with KDE4 and Kubuntu Gusty, thanks. I'm waiting until they release kde4 rc1 (today I think) then I upgrading.
jeffstatin
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Fragadelic on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 pm

jeffstatin wrote:great :) ,

Fragadelic:
any directions for using LiveCD persestance w/Kubuntu and remastersys? or should I just try to use the ubuntu version as a guide?

jo-tud:
So it works with KDE4 and Kubuntu Gusty, thanks. I'm waiting until they release kde4 rc1 (today I think) then I upgrading.

From what I know about it, the functionality is already there. What you will need to do is modify the isolinux.cfg in /home/remastersys/ISOTMP/isolinux and add persistant to the kernel call line.

Then copy these over to the usb.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Remastersys