Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP!

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP!

Postby ber on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi, been banging my head on this problem for a couple of weeks now- tried all sorts of solutions and nothing has worked.
I want to be able to connect to my Linux Mint Gnome 12 which is located in the garage from my Windows XP located in my bedroom using Windows RDP. If i really have to and it works ill use VNC.
I have setup the remote desktop in the gnome desktop classic screen - enabled access and entered password.
When I try to login remotely....here is what happens...

I can access the X11rdp login screen as it were. It gives me multiple protocols that i can connect with- I use Xvnc enter the username and password, a session screen comes on advising that connection is in process accepts login the fires up a "failed to load session "ubuntu"?? :shock:

I use the X11rdp protocol- session monitor says login successful, connected ok then kicks me out of the windows RDP client??? :(

Can anyone help? :x
Also I have tried VNC in the past, generally I find that its laggy and not as responsive as Windows RDP...is the sessman X11RDP server in Linux Mint 12 just as "good" as windows RDP?
John Henry
ber
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP

Postby dagon on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Can anyone help?

I can try and move it to somewhere were the remote desktop folk hang around. :wink:

Moved here by moderator
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Other networking topics