Not A Question.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Not A Question.

Postby jokersloose on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi everyone wanted to introduce myself. I'm James. I'm kind of new to linux. I have been running Kubuntu 7.10 on my desktop for about a month now. And wanted to try out a different distro and heard a lot of good things about Mint. So loaded it on my laptop. When I ran the LiveCD it gave me a few issues 1. No sound (still working on this one) 2. No wireless signal. However, once I loaded the OS the wireless worked. Also, when I loaded I had some "issues" with some of the fonts being to large to read. The username/password I typed, the fonts in Amarok. But once I got it on line and enabled one of the video drivers that fixed itself. So fare I have to say I really like the feel and look of mint. I really like the clean look of the desktop.

So sorry if posted in the wrong spot. Just wanted to say "HEY" and I look forward to learning Mint. :D

James
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Not A Question.

Postby BakUp on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi everyone wanted to introduce myself. I'm James.

Hi James, glad to know you.

So sorry if posted in the wrong spot.

Oh, I don't know.......maybe in the chat section: Chat about Linux Mint

Just wanted to say "HEY" and I look forward to learning Mint.

I am glad you introduced yourself, welcome to the Mint community, you will find many helpful users here, a great forum.
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
BakUp
Level 4
Level 4

Postby MagnusB on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:07 am

Maybe you should have posted this in the Chat section, but it doesn't matter. Welcome to Mint :)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Postby sundayrefugee on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:20 am

Indeed. Welcome to the Linux Mint community!
sundayrefugee
Level 3
Level 3

Postby jokersloose on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah, I posted this and "then" looked at the other forums. DUH!! Can ya tell I'm from the "NOW" generation LOL.

Thanks for the welcome. I have gotten some great help here. And I look forward to learning enough that I might be able to give back what has been given to me one day.

Thanks again,
James
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions