mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

Postby pepperminty on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:49 pm

When I was using Mint 11, whenever I dragged a window to the left or right edge of the screen, the window would become half the size of the screen. But in Mint 13, I don't get that anymore.

If I somehow turn it back on, will it take much more CPU power?
Using Mint 13 Cinnamon
pepperminty
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

Postby absamide on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 pm

I am also interested in some of this information. Not so much how much power it will take, but how to get it turned on.

Upgrading to Maya I have found that if I drag the window to the top of the screen it auto maximizes the file. I haven't been able to figure out how I am supposed to do the same thing for the left and right side.

Since we like having other desktops in Linux I am guessing just dragging a window defaults to moving it to another desktop. So if I wanted to have it pop to the right/left half of the current desktop is there a default key combo or something that is the default that I can't find?

Thanks for any information.

Alex
absamide
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions