mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

Postby pepperminty on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:49 pm

When I was using Mint 11, whenever I dragged a window to the left or right edge of the screen, the window would become half the size of the screen. But in Mint 13, I don't get that anymore.

If I somehow turn it back on, will it take much more CPU power?
Using Mint 13 Cinnamon
pepperminty
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mint13- no more auto window-halfing upon edge snap

Postby absamide on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 pm

I am also interested in some of this information. Not so much how much power it will take, but how to get it turned on.

Upgrading to Maya I have found that if I drag the window to the top of the screen it auto maximizes the file. I haven't been able to figure out how I am supposed to do the same thing for the left and right side.

Since we like having other desktops in Linux I am guessing just dragging a window defaults to moving it to another desktop. So if I wanted to have it pop to the right/left half of the current desktop is there a default key combo or something that is the default that I can't find?

Thanks for any information.

Alex
absamide
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions