Problems downloading add-ons, apps, and packets.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Problems downloading add-ons, apps, and packets.

Postby blittl on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:57 am

I am very new to Linux, but a friend at work convinced me to put Linux Mint on an old Compaq laptop so that I can stat learning. I am running Linux Mint Darnya and I was able to configure my home wireless connection. I have connectivity to the internet, but when I go to the software portal or run apt-get install I am finding that the downloads are trying to come via the network/IP that my friend used at work. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.....
blittl
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Problems downloading add-ons, apps, and packets.

Postby muskratmx on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:49 am

By connectivity? You mean you can brows the internet fine, just can't get apt-get to access the internet?

You might try deleting the configuration of that work IP. That would force the machine to generate another connection. Some times That's what I have to do. But I'm using WiFi with DHCP in hotspots all over the country.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions