How do I disable automount???

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

How do I disable automount???

Postby kingneutron on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

How do I disable this Godforsaken automounter in Linux Mint 13 Mate??

I've set all the GUI settings that I could find, and even went so far as to download dconf-editor and do it there, and every time I reboot it mounts /dev/sr0 on /media!

I swear, stupid crap like this is the reason I mostly use Fluxbox, but I decided to give Mate a try. :roll:
kingneutron
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I disable automount???

Postby michaelg14 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:36 am

Go to configuration editor and under apps open caja/preferances and uncheck media automount and see if that is what you want.
michaelg14
Level 2
Level 2

Postby gladsonvm on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:43 pm

goto menu-->system tools-->system settings. select the details under system.Then open removable media check the box 'Never prompt of start programs on media insertion'.
gladsonvm
Level 1
Level 1

Postby morris47 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm afraid none of these options appear to available in mint 14 cinnamon. I managed to change the value of UDISKS_PRESENTATION_NOPOLICY using a udev rule. I've gotten to the point where the file manager doesn't open when I insert a USB stick, but the volume is still being automounted. This is not a good thing for me as I often write out disk images to flash memory using dd.

Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Steve
morris47
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Essexraptor on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:20 pm

morris47 wrote:I'm afraid none of these options appear to available in mint 14 cinnamon. I managed to change the value of UDISKS_PRESENTATION_NOPOLICY using a udev rule. I've gotten to the point where the file manager doesn't open when I insert a USB stick, but the volume is still being automounted. This is not a good thing for me as I often write out disk images to flash memory using dd.

Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve

deleted

i repeated the above.... but that does not work for USB drives

sorry mate :(
Essexraptor
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions