Microsoft Plug & Play Game Controller

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Microsoft Plug & Play Game Controller

Postby admiralsboy888 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:43 pm

I found a USB Microsoft Plug & Play game controller at a yard sale and want to get it to work with Mint 12, specifically with Nexiuz and OpenArena. I am using an Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook with 2 GB RAM and 120 GB HD. Any advice would be appreciated!

UPDATE: I put this question out there a couple days ago. Hard to believe 28 views, no replies. I've never had a question go unanswered on here this long! Will someone PLEASE help?

Another update: Now there have been 66 views and no replies. Isn't this supposed to be a "friendly" community where people help each other? I'm getting rather frustrated witht the lack of help in this and another topic I posted.
admiralsboy888
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Microsoft Plug & Play Game Controller

Postby CupOfCoffee on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Erm... I don't know, but you could try searching for your game controller on the Linux Community Website, (http://community.linuxmint.com/hardware) they could have the software for the device you have. I just saw you post and thought I could try to help a bit... :wink:
My Rusty and Trusty Old PC: Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.
CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions