Need help with my grub.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Need help with my grub.

Postby jaydee on Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:01 pm

I was using Windows XP and I have Linux Mint on my external HDD. My was ran on my external HDD when I would boot up. Last night I upgraded my Windows XP to Windows Vista and since I have upgraded Windows Vista boots automatically and my grub does not show. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I miss my Linux.
jaydee
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Need help with my grub.

Postby MagnusB on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Download Supergrub Disk to restore your GRUB, you might need to configure it again since you have upgraded to Vista...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Postby McLovin on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Actually, there is a much easier way, insert your Mint cd, and follow this guide http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_repair_your_grub it will restore your grub to what you had before, it will show your old menu, so it will probably way WindowsXP or whatever you had, but if the disk is the same, it will bot Vista, the you can edit your menu.list to say whatever you want.
McLovin
Level 5
Level 5

Postby jaydee on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Ok sounds simple. Thanks for the responses.
jaydee
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions