[solved] GConf backend error in terminal with ccsm

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[solved] GConf backend error in terminal with ccsm

Postby huntwell on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:37 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this post so I thought I would start here. Please let me know if this is the wrong area to post this. I installed the latest ATI driver through Envy and installed the CCSM to use Compiz-Fusion. However, when I type in CCSM in the terminal I get this error message:

GConf backend: There is an unsupported value at path /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/texture_filter. Settings from this path won't be read. Try to remove that value so that operation can continue properly.

I have searched through google, compiz-fusion, and ubuntu forums for a solution to this problem, but to no success. I was hoping that I could find someone who had some answers for this in here.

My second problem is that I have installed the fusion-icon and fusion-switch and neither one works at all. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why this would occur also. Everything else with Compiz-Fusion is working properly so I am not sure why I am having these issues.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.
Last edited by huntwell on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
huntwell
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: GConf backend error when using ccsm in terminal-please help

Postby Husse on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:21 pm

There is an unsupported value at path

I've also searched for this, there are several people with this error - but I still don't know the solution
Sorry this is one of those.....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: GConf backend error when using ccsm in terminal-please help

Postby huntwell on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Do you happen to have a suggestion as to why compiz-icon and compiz-switch are not working? The error with GConfig is less of an issue for me than why compiz-icon and compiz-switch are not working.

Could the GConfig error be part of why they both are not working?
huntwell
Level 1
Level 1

Re: "partially solved" GConf backend error in terminal with ccsm

Postby huntwell on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:21 pm

I figured out why compiz-switch and compiz-icon were not working properly. That issue is solved. I do not know why I am still getting the GConf error in the terminal when using ccsm.
huntwell
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions