Opera Flash and Mint 4 Xfce

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Opera Flash and Mint 4 Xfce

Postby lancern on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:39 am

I just can not get flash to work in opera no matter what I try..tried installing it in terminal and uninstalling it
and using the latest .deb from Opera's web page..Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nonfree flash drivers..
even tried copying the flash plugin from firefox to Opera's plugin folder../usr/lib/opera/plugins..
the flash plugins are where they need to be..but still will not work..

I did try installing the windows version of Opera through wine and the flash plugin and it works great..
eats about 60mb of ram..but would rather not go that route if i can keep from it :P

would just like to use opera till firefox 3 comes out..tried firefox 3 beta 4 on windows the other day
and it so much faster now...
lancern
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Opera Flash and Mint 4 Xfce

Postby catweazle on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Make sure that you do not have the firefox flash plugin in the same forlder as the flash plugin of opera. I had once the same problem, removed the firefox plugin and it worked.
catweazle
Level 2
Level 2

Postby lancern on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:30 pm

This is whats in my opera plugin folder..still not working..
lancern
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Surreal Killa on Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Opera has officially stated that Flash doesn't work with Opera (Linux version), it's an Opera flaw which will be fixed in version 9.50, but since Opera is only currently up to version 9.26 they have a 9.50 Beta available which works with Flash, but be warned it crashes a lot.
Surreal Killa
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Sakonim on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 am

Surreal Killa wrote:Opera has officially stated that Flash doesn't work with Opera (Linux version), it's an Opera flaw which will be fixed in version 9.50, but since Opera is only currently up to version 9.26 they have a 9.50 Beta available which works with Flash, but be warned it crashes a lot.

No wonder, I was tearing my hair out trying to get it to work!

At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. - Albert Camus
Sakonim
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Surreal Killa on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 am

Another thing to consider is using Opera (Windows version) in Wine.
Surreal Killa
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions