X-Win32 and LinuxMint 13 Configuration for Remote Access

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

X-Win32 and LinuxMint 13 Configuration for Remote Access

Postby Yajesh on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello,
I have built a VMWare based LinuxMint 13 x64 Platform (4-GB RAM) and have Apache2, PHP5, MySQL, Oracle-XE 11g x64, Eclipse Juno, NetBeans 1.7, Java 1.7 SDK. The platform has come togther very...very nicely and feel very good about the whole build.

I now wish to explore further to connect the Linux platform remotely from my Windows 7 PC. I have already installed OpenSSH and works well when I establish SSH connection from Windows 7. I am able to connect and login successfully, and work through the terminal session without any problems.

My next challenge is to create an X-Session, similar to what I used to work with may years ago using Exceed / WRQ Reflection (Now AttachMate) while connecting remotely to Unix/Solaris boxes. These X-Server were able to locate Unix boxes using XDMCP Braodcast session. It made it so easy. Yet, I am also aware of respective config files that may have used "rexec" to make this connection.

I have the latest version of X-Win32 application installed on my Winodws 7 x64 PC. I am seeking assistance to walk me through the steps of making this work with LinuxMint 13. By the way, i have also applied all the latest software updates using the Software Update Manager tool within LinuxMint.

Yes! I already Googled around in search of definitive steps required to configure X-Win32 and LinuxMint to make this connection. Regretfully, lot of information bu nothing defintive. YouTube was complete waste of time.

Please assist,
Yajesh
Yajesh
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions