Cinnamon not working on Acer Aspire One D270

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
send4m3

Cinnamon not working on Acer Aspire One D270

Post by send4m3 »

Hi, we are buying netbook acer aspire one d270, and we are installing linux mint 13, with cinnamon Xwindow installed, and we found that a lot of effect not working and when we move the panel to top of screen is not working too. I found that this netbook using GMA 3600, if we are not wrong on identified the graphics card, please help on how we are solving this things. thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
akimmitt

Re: Cinnamon not working on Acer Aspire One D270

Post by akimmitt »

Hi,

I've had a very similar problem when installing Cinnamon Mint 13, also on a new Aspire One D270. Some of the settings are inaccesible because right-clicking on the menu bar doesn't do anything. I only recently realised that my Desktop Environment doesn't look like it should on a new installation of Cinnamon Mint 13 (from looking at Youtube videos, tutorial screenshots etc).

It might be a missing driver? Or a set of settings missing - I don't know. I've been running Ubuntu as a bit of a noob for a few years, and can run (very basic) terminal commands - I know enough just to get by, but can't think what's gone on here.

Has anyone got any ideas?
Z-Xylon

Re: Cinnamon not working on Acer Aspire One D270

Post by Z-Xylon »

Have you tried installing official dirvers, or updating them?
Also, try going to Cinnamon2D (choose Cinnamon2D at MDM) and see if that helps.

EDIT: Maybe you could post a screenshot of what your desktop looks like?

Return to “Beginner Questions”