MINT freezes with dvd recording

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

MINT freezes with dvd recording

Postby la_monda on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Hallo i recently discovered that my whole system crashes when i try to burn a dvd. The problem starts when i close the tray. The whole system crashes and it keeps freezing - unfreezing (for a sec) in aconstant loop :cry: . Idont thing that the brand of the dvd's or the type +- plays a role since i have experienced problems with all kinds of combinations.Sometimes i had experienced a freeze in xp with dvd's or cd's, but this is somewhat different since ejecting the dvd dindn't fix the problem (as in xp...). The sad thing is that i didnt have that problem from the beginning of my installation of mint (i made a clean install, and used to burn dvd's with brasero) and not a month after i have these problems....Thnx a lot for your help!!
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: MINT freezes with dvd recording

Postby Husse on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:34 am

Which Mint edition?
Which DVD player?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby la_monda on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 am

mint 4 pioneer, dvr 110 d. A new installation of mint fixed the problem though.... The problem occured while i tried to burn an iso with k3b, ever since the situation repeated...with brasero the same...after the tray was closed the programs didnt respond (they didnt even open) and sometimes a freeze occured
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Postby stevenofnine on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am

K3b and Brasero probably use the same underlying app that was getting the freeze issue.

Another reason to get a good, solid, working install, with all your preferences, and make a backup install CD/DVD.
stevenofnine
Level 2
Level 2

Postby la_monda on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Now that im all done and everything works like a charm, i used aptone cd to make a backup copy of my software packages....but i thing i ll make a ghost backup just in case....
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Husse on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 pm

And take a look at Remastersys - there's a section in the forum for it
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions