wallpaper in back of cube

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bgast1

wallpaper in back of cube

Post by bgast1 »

I have seen some desktops where there is a background present when the cube is present. I saw one with a highway and the cube. I would like to learn how to do this and other affects.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Re: wallpaper in back of cube

Post by Acid_1 »

me too. do they use beryl?
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Re: wallpaper in back of cube

Post by newW2 »

Yes it's compiz-fusion. In settings manager, desktop cube, select appearance, then skydome. You will need to provide the path to the image you want to use.
By the way I really like the Compiz-Fusion Icon to launch and make selections, etc. Cmost posted a good How to on installing it.
:)
Last edited by newW2 on Sat May 03, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Beginner Questions”