Google Earth

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bgast1

Google Earth

Post by bgast1 »

Does anyone know what it takes to get Google Earth to work with an ATI video card? I have an ATI Radeon X1950pro PCIe card. I have the restricted driver installed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bgast1

Re: Google Earth

Post by bgast1 »

Do you think using Envy to install the driver is better than using the restricted driver?
bgast1

Re: Google Earth

Post by bgast1 »

I don't know how google earth is supposed to look or what it supposed to do, but when I do get it up the earth sort of flashes. It does not stay visible. I did use Envy to install the driver and ATI Catalyst seems to work whereas it did not when I used the restricted drivers.

Return to “Beginner Questions”