[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Postby Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey, I'm installing linux mint alongside windows, but I got stuck at this screen:
I can't figure out which side of the slider will be the windows partition and which side mint will be installed on.

Also I feel like this is really clear to everyone, I was wondering what I missed :)
Last edited by Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tombe
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Ambigous partition size divider

Postby Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Well by trial and error I've determined that the right one is the one that will get linux on it.
Tombe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Postby moosey on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am

Although this is problem marked as "Solved" I believe that it is still an open issue. I had exactly the same problem installing Mint 13 Maya. There is no indication as to which side of the slider is which. This is a serious bug that is a real put-off for people who would like to migrate from Windows to Linux. First impressions are really important, and to me I found it a real pain that this was not evident from the screen or in the documentation. This really needs to be addressed.

My thoughts,

Peter
moosey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby chronei on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 am

Bump as I had the same issue. If I was knew to this, I'd quit right off the bat.
chronei
Level 1
Level 1

Postby srs5694 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Posting here about a problem that requires changes in the code most likely won't do anything. I recommend you report it as a bug to the developers:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint
srs5694
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions